I wanted to write a little bit about myself and why I’m blogging. A little more than my About Page.
I’ve been in the scene for nearly ten years now and have learned a lot in that time. I came into it shortly after I turned 18 and often say that I “grew up” in the community. I learned a lot from a close group of online friends before getting involved in an in-person community. That community taught me so much and I forged some deep friendships there. Supporting munches, classes, cons, and clubs is deeply important to me as a result.
Over the years I’ve run newbie classes, served as leader of the local munch group, helped throw parties, became a Charter Member of a leather patch club and later served as an officer, explored power exchange and other kinks.
Currently, I’m in a total power exchange relationship based in Leather values. We follow a Daddy/boy model in which the Leather Daddy nurtures and supports his boy. We’re both queer and that flavors a lot of our power exchange too. We both enjoy exploring different philosophies and approaches to erotic slavehood and M/s so I’m sure I’ll be writing about many of those things here too.
Other things that are brief but important:
- I’m an academic. I believe in preserving our history in ways that are accessible to current and future folks. Dispelling myths is important to me.
- I don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all BDSM or power exchange relationships.
- I’m queer in both gender and sexuality. My pronouns are they/them.
- I’ve got two cats who I adore.
- Ice cream is delicious no matter the flavor.
- I’m a masochist.
- I enjoy entwining spirituality with both play and service
I look forward to writing and sharing and learning with you. Please reach out if you ever have a question or just want to share a thought. I believe so much in the value of community and if I can cultivate that feeling here, I will do everything I can to preserve it.